Dear Roslyn Parents, Guardians and Community,
As the administration of Roslyn School and on behalf of the staff at Roslyn School, we are happy to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she/they:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her/their school life.
- Informs you if he/she/they needs additional support in any area or subject.
- Knows that you expect him/her/them to succeed in school.
Please consider joining our school’s various parent communities as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school. We seek parent participation in the following parent committees:
- Governing Board
- Home and School Association
- School-Wide Events
Attached you will find a copy of our school’s Code of Conduct so that you and your child can review it together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact the school administration or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behaviour for a safe and productive school year. Also attached is the school calendar for the 2022-2023 academic year and school dress code.
Please refer to the letters below to find out about your child’s first day of school procedures to follow:
The wonderful Roslyn staff and teachers feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to passing a wonderful school year with you.